The Brazilian Zouk World Championships is where dancers come to learn, dance, and compete for the coveted world title. Participants are welcome to join as a student, audience only and also join any of the competitions listed bellow.
The Brazilian Zouk World Championships is the first ever Brazilian Zouk Dance Council registered choreography competition organised by K&L Dance Events.
The event consists in 8 divisions, more than 30 hours of workshops with international and national guests, 4 nights of parties with world’s best Zouk DJ’s, at the incredible The Scott Resort & Spa!
Dates: August 25th to 28th, 2022
Event schedule will be posted soon!
Covid measures: Negative covid test within 24h from the event are mandatory for all attendees and staff to be able to participate in the event.
Refunds will NOT be issued for non compliance with our covid measures.
**subjected to change depending on current government restrictions and regulations.
More than 30 hours of Brazilian Zouk workshops with international and national instructors.
- Alex de Carvalho (Brazil/France)
- Kadu and Larissa (Brazil/USA)
- William and Paloma (Brazil/Spain)
- Paulo and Luisa (Brazil/USA)
- Walter and Larissa (Brazil)
- Alisson and Christina (Brazil/USA)
- Shani (USA)
- Clinton and Cristi (Brazil/USA)
- Bruno and Fae (Portugal/USA)
- Darius and Laura (Canada)
- Elijah and Deenie (USA)
- Stephanie Estrin (USA)
- Brunno Theodoro (Brazil/USA)
Jack and Jills
Novice | Intermediate | Advanced | All Star/Champions
Open Level (Social dance, Jack and Jill style format, register with a partner)
Choreography – Amateur/Rising Star
Couple | Pro/Am
Choreography Open Level
Teams (solo and couple teams)
Choreography – Professional
Originals | Showtime
*Terms and conditions apply
ENGLISH – COMPETITION RULES
PORTUGUES – REGRAS GERAIS DOS COMPETIDORES
For all Jack and Jill Competitors please read the Brazilian Zouk Dance Council Rules, Policies and Guidelines for Competitors
You can also find more information regarding BZDC JUDGING CRITERIAS, used for all competitions hosted by the BZWC.
- We recommend Brazilian Zouk instructors with more than 2 years active weekly teaching to join our professional divisions.
- Professional Original, Professional Showtime, Amateur/Rising Star, Teams and Pro/Ams are choreography competitions.
- Teams are open level (amateur mixed with professional are accepted)
- Jack and Jill and Strictly Zouk are social dance competitions. They can be danced in a heated, all skate format or spotlight.
- Only 4/4 time signature music is accepted in any division.
- Please read the competition rules and judging criteria before entering the competitions.
BZWC official partners worldwide
We are proud to become partners of incredible Brazilian Zouk Competition events around the world. These events are the official BZWC Originals and Showtime routine competition qualifiers.
How does it work?
By entering a Brazilian Zouk professional couple division at any of the events listed bellow, you have the chance to qualify to the BZWC FINALS when placing first.
BZWC will host preliminaries on Friday, August 26th for all professional competitors who were not able to attend any of the partner events prior. Finals will be held on Saturday, August 27th, 2022.
All Amateur/Rising Stars competitors are not required to attend the preliminary/qualifiers.
The Scott is a melding of disparate energies and origins. Blending inside with outside, spaciousness with intimacy and the exotic with the nostalgic, The Scott captures that intangible feeling of welcome.
Just steps from Fashion Square Mall, the Waterfront, and all of Old Town Scottsdale, we promise you’ll never get bored.
Warm wooden furniture and old world bronze combine to create an inviting luxury experience in vibrant Sonoran style.
For bookings visit our Venue & Accommodation Page!